In this post, I’m sharing a free Monster Bookmark Template and SVG cut file with instructions to make your own bookmark. If you’re wondering how to make a corner bookmark, this tutorial will be very helpful for you.
Hello, Cricut buddies! Jav here from Cut N Make Crafts and today I’ll be showing you how to make a monster-themed cute corner bookmark from cardstock and your cutting machine such as a Cricut.
If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can make this monster corner bookmark by cutting out everything by hand using the free monster bookmark template.
Monster bookmarks are so fun and easy to make. Making monster bookmarks can be a super fun activity for kids as they can cut and make them in fun colors of their choice. In this tutorial, I’ve included four different Monster Bookmark Templates and SVG cut files so the kids can choose any style they want.
These Monster Bookmarks are triangular in shape and can be placed at the corner of the page to mark the page. If you’re looking for a rectangular Monster Bookmark with a free template, check out the big nose monster bookmark tutorial.
You can also make these FREE Monster Pencil Topper Template + SVG to go with your monster bookmarks.
Let’s look at how to make monster bookmarks.
Supplies Needed for Monster Bookmark Template + Tutorial
- Cricut Maker/Cricut Explore/Cricut Joy(if you’re using Cricut Joy, you can reduce the size of the flowers to fit on the Cricut Joy mats)
- Light Grip Cutting Mat
- Essential Tools Set
- Scotch Tacky Glue
- Lightweight cardstock (in green/blue/orange/red/black/white color)
- FREE Monster Bookmark Template and SVG [available for the VIPs. Become a VIP member of Cut N Make Crafts by entering your name and address below]
TUTORIAL: How to Use Monster Bookmark Template
TUTORIAL: How to Use Monster Bookmark Template
- Cricut Maker
Download the Monster Bookmark Template + SVG
- Sign up for the VIP list by entering your name and email in the box given above.
- Once you’ve entered your name and email address, you will receive a welcome email from me – Jav at Cut N Make Crafts.
- Inside the email, you’ll find the link to go to the FREE VIP library.
- Download the FREE monster bookmar template/SVG from the VIP library. The link for the VIP library is included in the thank you email that you should receive after signing up for the VIP list.
Cut out the monster bookmark using Cricut (or any other cutting machine)
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click on the “+” sign to start a new project, opening up a blank canvas.
- Click on upload.
- Locate the file on your computer and upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Insert the file on the canvas and click on “Make it”.
- Place the cardstock on your mat to cut out all the parts of the monsters for the bookmark.
Cut out the monster bookmark by hand using the monster bookmark template
- If you don't have a cutting machine, you can cut out the monster parts by hand using the monster bookmark template provided in the monster bookmark file.
Assemble the Monster Bookmark
- First, glue the bigcircular eye on the top side of the monsters green body.
- Glue the eyes, or you can just draw them using markers and pens.
- Then, glue the mouth right beneath the eye.
- Then glue the horns on both sides of the head.
- Glue the monster's mouth and use a marker pen to draw the teeth.
Make the origami bookmark
- Bring the top point of the paper towards the bottom corner and fold it right in themiddle., this will create a triangular shape.(Fold the paper into a triangle).
- Then vertically fold the triangle in half, and open up thefold, this will create crease right on the middle.
- Take the upper flap and bring to the base of the triangle,make sure the corner of the paper is right in the middle of the crease.
- Now, take the left side of the triangle and bring it down tothe bottom point.
- Then, tuck it inside the upper gap.And fold it there.
- Similarly, fold the right side as well.
- Finish it off by glueing the bookmark on the monsters back.
- Repeat these steps for the other monsters as well. And you're all done!
More Monster Bookmark Templates and Ideas
Here’s another super fun monster bookmark tutorial by RedTedArt for a different style of monster bookmarks.
The End of Monster Bookmark Tutorial
With that we have reached the end of the tutorial where I showed you how to make a paper flower wreath with cardstock and Cricut. Hope you had fun making this super easy paper flower wreath and you’re ready to hang it in your home. If you make this wreath, feel free to share it on Instagram and tag me in your post!
Also, check out these free Cricut paper crafts.
- FREE Monster Pencil Topper Template + SVG
- 9+ AMAZING Craft Paper Storage Ideas
- EASY Giant Paper Gerbera Daisy Template FREE SVG
- DIY Rose Paper Flower Bouquet with FREE SVG for Cricut
- How to Make a Unicorn Crown (FREE SVG)