This is a tutorial for a super adorable Felt Frog Craft [template + FREE SVG cut file]. This project is a perfect Cricut kids’ craft that can be made with craft supplies at home. This super fun Cricut felt project takes little to no time, is super easy and great for beginners as well as kids.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Cricut Maker Crafts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Hello, Cricut buddies! I’m Jav from Cricut Maker Crafts (not affiliated with Cricut). Today I’m sharing a super adorable felt Frog Craft [template+SVG].
Tips for Cutting Felt Perfectly
If you’ve used felt previously, you know how difficult it is to get it off the sticky surface thanks to all the lint. It’s certainly not easy at all and can ruin the mats as well.
A quick hack to prevent your mats from getting covered in lint is to cover the mat with the contact paper. Keep the sticky side of the contact paper facing up so you can stick your felt on the sticky side. This will ensure all the lint sticks to the contact paper rather than the mat.
Okay now let’s have a look at all the supplies now.
Supplies Needed for DIY Felt Frog Craft [TEMPLATE+SVG]
- –Felt sheets (preferably green, but you can make your frog in any color you like)
- –Cricut Rotary Blade /fine point blade [this depends on the type of felt you use. If you’re using acrylic felt, you’d need the rotary blade. If you’re using plain felt, you can cut it out using the fine point blade.]
- Sewing machine and matching thread OR a felt glue if you don’t know how to sew.
- Polyester batting to fill inside the felt frog plush to give it a 3D shape
- FREE Felt Frog Craft Template/SVG file (available for the VIPs, become a VIP member by entering your name and address below)
Gather the Supplies
The first step for this adorable felt frog craft [template+free SVG] is to gather all the supplies. Once you have all the supplies in one place, crafting becomes much easier and fun as you don’t have to spend time running around in the middle of the craft to look for the supplies.
Preparing the Image:
- Sign up for the VIP list by entering your name and email in the box given above.
- Once you’ve entered your name and email address, you will receive a welcome email from me – Jav at Cricut Maker Crafts.
- Inside the email, you’ll find the link to download the FREE SVG cut file for the Felt Frog.
- Download the FREE Felt Frog SVG from the VIP library. The link for the VIP library is included in the thank you email that you should receive after signing up for the VIP list.
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click on the “+” sign to start a new project, opening up a blank canvas.
- Click on upload.
- Locate the file on your computer and upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Insert the file on the canvas and click on “Make it”.
- Click on browse all materials.
- In the search box, type felt and select the type of felt you’re working with.
- Add the blade to your Cricut depending on the type of felt you’re using for this project. If you have the Cricut Maker you will be prompted to add the fine point blade or the rotary blade. If you’re using the Explore Air 2, you can use the fine point blade to cut out felt.
- Place contact paper sticky side up on your mat.
- Place felt sheets on the contact paper one at a time.
- Load the mat and cut out the felt pieces.
Assembling the Felt Frog:
Take the big base pattern (backside of the frog plush) and the 2 separate leg patterns. Place the separate leg patterns on the similar leg layouts on both sides of the base pattern.
Place the separate bottom pattern on the bottom layout of the base pattern. Use thread (or fabric glue) to join the separate legs and bottom part together. We placed them on the base pattern to make sure that they are attached correctly together.
Stitch/glue the eyes and blush cutouts on the head pattern [if stitching, use a black thread to stitch the mouth and nose of the frog]. Now place the head cut out on the bottom cut out (joined with the legs now) and glue/stitch them together.
Stitch or glue the semi-circular brown cutout along the middle of the bottom part of the stitched parts of the frog.
Now place the stitched parts (the front side of the frog) on the top of the big base pattern (the backside of the frog). Stitch/glue around the sides to join both patterns together.
Keep a small opening to stuff the felt frog with cotton or scrap felt. Stuff the felt frog through the opening and keep filling until you are satisfied with the size.
Stitch to close the opening and secure the stuffing. Tie a knot or two and cut off extra thread. Yay! You’re all done, great job!
Save this tutorial for later by clicking the SAVE button on the image below!
More Cricut Projects to Try
Want more Cricut project inspiration? Check out these posts!