In this post, I’m sharing a super-cute tutorial for an owl luminary which also comes with a FREE SVG cut file. This Cricut paper-craft is perfect for beginners as it will teach you techniques like how to score with your Cricut.
This owl luminary is super simple and quick to make for creating an adorable fall decor with your Cricut. It is also extremely affordable to make as all you need are two sheets of cardstock that you can easily find in your craft room.
Another cool thing about this project is that you can learn to score.
If you’re new to the Cricut world, feel free to check out my FREE Fall SVG Pumpkin Cart Tutorial tutorial where I share in-depth the steps for scoring with Cricut.
Alright, now let me show you how to make the owl luminary with Cricut.
Supplies Needed for Owl Luminary
- Cricut Maker/Cricut Explore
- Light Grip Cutting Mat
- Essential Tools Set
- Scotch Tacky Glue
- Heavyweight cardstock (in black and orange/yellow color to stick at the back of the cut out)
- FREE SVG for Owl Luminary [available for the VIPs. Become a VIP member of Cut N Make Crafts by entering your name and address below]
How to an Owl Luminary with Cricut
DIY Owl Luminary Tutorial
- Cricut Maker/Explore Air 2
Get the FREE Owl Luminary SVG from the VIP library
- Sign up for the VIP list by entering your name and email in the box given above.
- Once you’ve entered your name and email address, you will receive a welcome email from me – Jav at Cut N Make Crafts.
- Inside the email, you’ll find the link to go to the FREE VIP library.
- Download the FREE Owl Luminary SVG from the VIP library. The link for the VIP library is included in the thank you email that you should receive after signing up for the VIP list.
Cut Out the Owl Luminary
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click on the “+” sign to start a new project, opening up a blank canvas.
- Click on upload.
- Locate the file on your computer and upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Insert the file on the canvas, resize the file to your needs. You can resize it to cut on a 12×12 cardstock or if you're using an A4 or letter sized paper, you can reduce the size to 7.5" in width.
- Change the vertical lines to score lines.
- Click on "make-it" to go to the mat.
- Add the scoring wheel to first add the score lines, next add the blade to cut out the luminary.
Assemble the Owl Luminary
- Glue the yellow cut-out behind the owl.
- Fold the whole paper aalong the score lines and glue theend to secure the fold.
- That's it! Your owl luminary is ready!
Also, check out these free Cricut paper crafts.
- 9+ AMAZING Craft Paper Storage Ideas
- EASY Giant Paper Gerbera Daisy Template FREE SVG
- How to Make a Unicorn Crown (FREE SVG)