In this post, I’m sharing a super-cute tutorial for an owl luminary which also comes with a FREE SVG cut file. This Cricut paper-craft is perfect for beginners as it will teach you techniques like how to score with your Cricut.
This owl luminary is super simple and quick to make for creating an adorable fall decor with your Cricut. It is also extremely affordable to make as all you need are two sheets of cardstock that you can easily find in your craft room.
Another cool thing about this project is that you can learn to score.
If you’re new to the Cricut world, feel free to check out my FREE Fall SVG Pumpkin Cart Tutorial tutorial where I share in-depth the steps for scoring with Cricut.
Alright, now let me show you how to make the owl luminary with Cricut.
Supplies Needed for Owl Luminary
- Cricut Maker/Cricut Explore
- Light Grip Cutting Mat
- Essential Tools Set
- Scotch Tacky Glue
- Heavyweight cardstock (in black and orange/yellow color to stick at the back of the cut out)
- FREE SVG for Owl Luminary [available for the VIPs. Become a VIP member of Cricut Maker Crafts by entering your name and address below]
How to an Owl Luminary with Cricut
How to make a paper flower wreath
- Cricut Maker/Explore Air 2
- Brown. green. orange and yellow cardstock
- Scotch paper glue
Get the FREE Paper Flower Wreath template/SVG from the VIP library
- Sign up for the VIP list by entering your name and email in the box given above.
- Once you’ve entered your name and email address, you will receive a welcome email from me – Jav at Cut N Make Crafts.
- Inside the email, you’ll find the link to go to the FREE VIP library.
- Download the FREE paper flower wreath template/SVG from the VIP library. The link for the VIP library is included in the thank you email that you should receive after signing up for the VIP list.
Cut out the Paper Flowers for the Paper Flower Wreath
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click on the “+” sign to start a new project, opening up a blank canvas.
- Click on upload.
- Locate the file on your computer and upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Insert the file on the canvas and click on “Make it”.
- Place the black and orange cardstock on the mat and cut everything out.
Assemble the Paper Flower Wreath
- Take a big and a small flower cutout and stick the small one in thecentre of the big one. Similarly prepare another piece.
- Now add a crease along each petal(from the tip of the petal towards the centre of the flower pattern). Similarly, create creases on the other flower cutout.
- Apply a drop of glue in the centre of any one of the flower patterns and place the other one on the top of the glued one.
- Cut out a strip of rectangle from the brown cardstock, add snips to it and start rolling the fringed strip neatly. Roll the whole strip and apply glue at the end of the roll to secure it.
- Stick the rolled fringed paper in the centre of the flower to complete the flower.
- Craft enough paper flowers to fill the whole wreath base. Glue the paperflowers on the wreath base on by one.
- Try keeping the flowers adjacent to one another.
- Stick the paper leaf cutouts between the flowers, on the base to complete the wreath craft.
Also, check out these free Cricut paper crafts.
- 9+ AMAZING Craft Paper Storage Ideas
- EASY Giant Paper Gerbera Daisy Template FREE SVG
- How to Make a Unicorn Crown (FREE SVG)