In this post, I’m sharing how to make a paper flower wreath for fall. You will also get a paper wreath template and a FREE SVG cut file for Cricut or any other cutting machines with this tutorial. This paper flower wreath can also be modified for other seasons like spring and summer to add a beautiful touch to your home.Jump to Recipe
Hello, Cricut buddies! Jav here from Cut N Make Crafts and today I’ll be showing you how to make a paper flower wreath with cardstock and your cutting machine such as a Cricut.
If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can make this paper flower wreath by cutting out everything by hand using the free paper flower wreath template.
History of Wreaths
The word wreath actually means a band. Wreaths have been used since ancient times in southern Europe. They were made of jewelry items and used as crowns by Etruscan rulers. This symbol was then adopted by the Greeks and Romans.
The most fascinating thing is about wreaths is that the laurel wreath came into existence based on a love story involving Apollo. Later, the wreath became a symbol of power and achievement and was awarded as a prize throughout Rome and Greece. They are still worn by graduates in Italy. So cool! Had I known this earlier, I would’ve gone to a college in Italy because I just LOVE wearing wreaths.
The use of wreaths for homes started in ancient Greece as well. They were made from wheat and other harvested plants. However, in today’s tutorial, we will be working with cardstock to make the paper flower wreath to hang on the door or the window to bring in some fall vibes in the home.
Supplies Needed for Paper Flower Wreath
- Cricut Maker/Cricut Explore/Cricut Joy(if you’re using Cricut Joy, you can reduce the size of the flowers to fit on the Cricut Joy mats)
- Light Grip Cutting Mat
- Essential Tools Set
- Scotch Tacky Glue
- Lightweight cardstock (in orange/yellow color if you’re making the wreath for fall. However, if you’re making this paper flower wreath for any other occasion, you can use other colors of cardstock)
- FREE SVG or Paper Flower Wreath Template [available for the VIPs. Become a VIP member of Cut N Make Crafts by entering your name and address below]
How to make a paper flower wreath
- Cricut Maker/Explore Air 2
- Brown. green. orange and yellow cardstock
- Scotch paper glue
Get the FREE Paper Flower Wreath template/SVG from the VIP library
- Sign up for the VIP list by entering your name and email in the box given above.
- Once you’ve entered your name and email address, you will receive a welcome email from me – Jav at Cut N Make Crafts.
- Inside the email, you’ll find the link to go to the FREE VIP library.
- Download the FREE paper flower wreath template/SVG from the VIP library. The link for the VIP library is included in the thank you email that you should receive after signing up for the VIP list.
Cut out the Paper Flowers for the Paper Flower Wreath
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click on the “+” sign to start a new project, opening up a blank canvas.
- Click on upload.
- Locate the file on your computer and upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Insert the file on the canvas and click on “Make it”.
- Place the black and orange cardstock on the mat and cut everything out.
Assemble the Paper Flower Wreath
- Take a big and a small flower cutout and stick the small one in thecentre of the big one. Similarly prepare another piece.
- Now add a crease along each petal(from the tip of the petal towards the centre of the flower pattern). Similarly, create creases on the other flower cutout.
- Apply a drop of glue in the centre of any one of the flower patterns and place the other one on the top of the glued one.
- Cut out a strip of rectangle from the brown cardstock, add snips to it and start rolling the fringed strip neatly. Roll the whole strip and apply glue at the end of the roll to secure it.
- Stick the rolled fringed paper in the centre of the flower to complete the flower.
- Craft enough paper flowers to fill the whole wreath base. Glue the paperflowers on the wreath base on by one.
- Try keeping the flowers adjacent to one another.
- Stick the paper leaf cutouts between the flowers, on the base to complete the wreath craft.
The End of Paper Flower Wreath Tutorial
With that we have reached the end of the tutorial where I showed you how to make a paper flower wreath with cardstock and Cricut. Hope you had fun making this super easy paper flower wreath and you’re ready to hang it in your home. If you make this wreath, feel free to share it on Instagram and tag me in your post!
Also, check out these free Cricut paper crafts.
- 9+ AMAZING Craft Paper Storage Ideas
- EASY Giant Paper Gerbera Daisy Template FREE SVG
- DIY Rose Paper Flower Bouquet with FREE SVG for Cricut
- How to Make a Unicorn Crown (FREE SVG)