In this post, I’m sharing how to make a cute chalkboard fall decor sign with your Cricut and some vinyl scraps to bring some fall in your homes. This fall decor project is perfect for beginners to try.
DISCLAIMER: Cut N Make Crafts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
DIY Vinyl Fall Sign Tutorial
Supplies Needed to Make Vinyl Fall Sign
For this project you will need the following supplies:
How to make vinyl chalkboard sign for fall
- Cricut Maker/Explore Air 2
- Turn your machine on and connect it to your computer.
- Cut your vinyl to size and place it on the cutting mat. Click the feed button to insert the cutting mat into the machine. Open Design Space and click on “New Project”.
- Click “Upload”
- Click “Upload Image”
- Browse for your file on your computer
- Once image is uploaded, click “save”
- Select your image and click “insert images”
- Resize your image to 3.75” wide by 4.363” wide
- Click “attach” and move the image to the top left corner.
- Click “make it”
- Click “continue” and the machine will start cutting.
- Once cutting is finished, click the feed button to remove the cutting mat from the machine.
- Remove the vinyl from the cutting mat and use the weeding tool to remove the excess vinyl.
- Cut the transfer tape to size and apply it over the cut vinyl. Use the scraper to adhere it.
- Peel the vinyl up from its backing and place the image centered on the chalkboard easel.
- Use the scraper to adhere the vinyl to the chalkbord.
- Carefully remove the transfer tape.
Be sure to save this post for later by clicking the save button.
More Cricut Fall Decor Project Ideas
With that, we have reached the end of this post. Please share this tutorial on how to apply layered vinyl with your Cricut buddies. Also, check out these helpful Cricut posts.
- FREE Fall SVG Pumpkin Cart Tutorial
- Free Fall SVG Cut Files
- How to Make a Paper Flower Wreath
- Different Types of Vinyl and How to Use Them